The program offers to the participants very attentive one-on-one care, and professional support with networking, presentation of their work, and even a double solo exhibition at the gallery space at the end of the program. Read further in the Location & Program session for the specifics of the program.
Artists interested in our Berlin Artist Residency Program are advised to seek funding well in advance from sponsors/subsidizing organizations.
At the bottom of this page, you can download safely a PDF with a list of funding opportunities for scholarships, stipends, fellowships, travel grants.
Luisa Catucci Gallery will provide the applicant with any paperwork that may be requested by the funding organization to the host.
Furnished 100sqm apartment in the heart of Berlin Friedrichshain, including:
1 Fully equipped kitchen
1 Bathroom with whirlpool and washing machine
1 Office corner
PRIVATE STUDIO A: ca. 30sqm room to sleep and work
PRIVATE STUDIO B: sleeping room ca. 12sqm + separate Studio ca. 25sqm.
Monthly Fees (Live and Work)
STUDIO A: €1,600
STUDIO B: €1,800
Residents are permitted to share their room with one fixed person, to the extra cost of 150€/month. Occasional guests are permitted with no extra charges, but in case guesting would become frequent, the extra costs of the fixed guess will be applied anyway.
Included in the monthly fees:
– Welcome gathering at our gallery in Berlin
– 2h Portfolio Reading with our gallery director
– Support and assistance to write an artist statement and biography
– Weekly visit and critique with one of our Resident Curators
– 2 tour visits to major galleries and museums in Berlin per month
– 2 or 4 (depending on the duration of the residency) Open Studio with Artist Talk moderated by our Gallery Director
– One-week exhibition at the gallery space at the end of the residency*
– Invitation to private social events at the gallery
– Artist Profile on our website
– Personal critical text by our residency’s curator
– Artist’s archive class
– Design and creation of a professional digital Artist Dossier
– Regular updates about art events and opening in the city
– Information and advice about professional artist materials and supplies
– Weekly cleaning of the common spaces
– 1 bike per artist
– 2 Towels sets and 2 Sheets sets per artist
*The exhibition will consist of a dialog between the work of both artists in residence
– Written interview for the artist to use as liked and published on our website, €150
– Video interview for the artist to use as liked and published on our website, €300
– Analysis of the artist website and contents, €200
– Instagram & Social Media Workshop, €200
Links for grants – Artist Residency
Here above we collected some addresses where you could try to apply for a grant, it is not a complete list of every grant opportunity worldwide, but it is a nice start.