Luisa Catucci Gallery is launching its brand-new Artists in Residency program, extremely selective, for a maximum of TWO artists at the time, offering a two-month opportunity to live and work in our gallery’s studios.
December 15th, 2023, Midnight (CET)
January 12th 2024 – March 16th 2024
On top of introducing the artists to the Berlin art scene, the main aim of the residency is to curate an exhibition highlighting the work of both attendants. This showcase is set to take place in the main room of the Luisa Catucci Gallery during the final weekend of the residency. The event will include Open Studios and an Artist Talk, providing a comprehensive view of the artists’ talents for LCG collectors and the audience.
The program provides participants with personalized one-on-one attention and professional support, encompassing networking, production, and presentation of their work. It includes:
– Welcome gathering
– Artist Profile on our website
– Portfolio Reading with our gallery director
– Critical text by one of our curators
– Support and assistance in writing an artist statement and biography
– Interview with one of our professional crew member
– Artist portrait photo shooting
– Weekly visit and critique with our Resident Curator
– Invitations to exclusive private events at the gallery that may occur during the residency
– Regular updates about art events and openings in the city
– a minimum of 2 tour visits per month with the gallery’s team to galleries and museums
– Information and advice about professional artist materials and supplies
– Concluding exhibition, complemented by open studios and an artist talk, on the last weekend of the residency.
This residency program operates on a paid basis, where artists are responsible for covering the associated costs. Artists interested in our Berlin Artist Residency Program are advised to seek funding well in advance from sponsors/subsidizing organizations. HERE a link with a list of funding opportunities.
Studio A) ca. 15sqm € 1200/monthly
Studio B) ca. 25sqm € 1500/monthly
Final exhibition fee € 500
Included in the monthly fees:
– Furnished Studio in our gallery space, to live and work
– Use of the common bathroom (with bathtub/shower)
– Use of the common kitchenette
– Weekly cleaning of the common spaces
– Technical support, when possible
– 2 Towels sets and 2 Sheets sets per artist
– Written interview for the artist to use as liked and published on our website €150
– Video interview for the artist to use as liked and published on our website €300
– Analysis of the artist website and contents, €200
– Instagram Workshop, €200
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
VISA: After an artist has been selected and after the formalization of the Agreement, the artist receives a Letter of Acceptance signed by our gallery director. You can always find detailed and updated information on Make it in Germany.
GRANTS: Sadly, we do not provide grants. Artists interested in our Berlin Artist Residency Program are advised to seek funding well in advance from sponsors/subsidizing organizations. HERE a link with a list of funding opportunities.
MATERIALS: The artist has to purchase their own art material. The artist can borrow tools from LCG such as drill, jig saw, electric screwdriver, levellers, screws, nails, measuring tape, and more.
STUDIOS: You will have an individual studio space, which will work both as your bedroom and workshop. I
The use of bathroom and kitchenette is common with the other participant artist and the gallery’s crew
ARTISTIC DUO: Artist duo can apply only for one project as a duo. You will both be sharing one studio and be paying one fee plus 200 €/month.
Your studio is only meant for you or your colleague (in case you are a duo). You are welcome to bring guests during the day. Overnight guests are not allowed. Our premises are meant for the exact number of resident artists, therefore having overnight generates co-living difficulties which we would like to avoid.
CHILDREN AND SPOUSE: Partners and children are not allowed during your stay in the residency and cannot participate in the program with you.
PETS: Pets are not allowed during your stay in the residency and cannot participate in the program with you.
TRAVEL: Our residency program necessitates a weekly commitment. We recommend aligning your travel plans exclusively with the program’s commitments and activities. Please note that LCG does not cover travel expenses.
FOOD: LCG does not provide travel or food expenses.
IMPORTANT WARNING: Luisa Catucci Gallery emphasizes openness, respect, and international exchange. Actions that make the atmosphere intimidating, threatening, or hostile to individuals are regarded as serious offences. Abusive or harassing behaviour, verbal or physical, that disrespects personal characteristics or beliefs such as race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and disability is subject to disciplinary sanctions, including being asked to leave the Residency Program, and could be reported to authorities.